Saturday, May 30, 2009

Testing - me and the kids!

Just thought I'd see how this time works. It seems the kids think it's more fun to play around when they are supposed to be cleaning off the dinner table, sweeping and unloading/loading the dishwasher (not that I blame them) so I have a test for them and we'll see if it works! I've let the kids know that I am coming into my room to read (I thought I better blog first) and I will come out at 7PM. They are to have the table cleaned off, the floor swept, the dishwasher unloaded and the dinner dishes loaded. This gives them 20 minutes, as they've already wasted 10 minutes playing around. If it's done when I go out, we can go play on the field at the church, if not we'll read for a while and they'll go to bed. While coming to my room, I heard Christopher say something to Bryce about it and when I got here, Bryce knocked on the door and asked what they were supposed to do! It's kind of funny because they have had these exact same responsibilities for at least a month! They only have 9 minutes left and I am tempted to check their progress, but I will refrain. I'll let you know how it turns out!
It looks like we're going to the church to play! Unfortunately, I didn't get the quiet time I was hoping for and this laptop is really irritating me because the cursor keeps bumping me around to a different line of text and I keep having to erase and re-position my cursor!

No comments: