Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Good News!!!


I have to admit, the last week has been a bit stressful for me. My blood glucose test came back a little high, so I had to go take another test at the hospital that took almost 3 1/2 hours! That test was on Friday and I finally heard from my doctor's office Monday afternoon (after I called!), and everything was normal!!! I was SO relieved! I am a tiny bit familiar with diabetes, as some family members have it, however (especially while pregnant) I am not the best at being disciplined as to what I eat. I have always been interested in nutrition and wanted to learn about it and come up with a healthy eating plan. This was about the only benefit I could see if I did end up with gestational diabetes. I read up on it, and got even more nervous when I saw the effects it could have on our baby. After having four healthy babies, I must admit, I am making myself nervous this time around. I am 32 weeks and everything has been going quite well. I get pretty tired during the middle of the day, but luckily I have been able to rest when I need to. I am SO thankful for Chris, Bryce and Tacy (Rachel's a bit too young) helping take care of themselves and each other - that has been a life-saver! I am just starting to get uncomfortable, but even that isn't too bad. Another big stress, though, is that I just can't seem to get motivated to do things that I really NEED to do, let alone things I would like to get done. Well, enough of me, next time I'll write about the kids! Hopefully that's more positive :)

1 comment:

Day Family Blog said...

Hey I found your blog. I was trying to find out, but I was spelling your name wrong, oops. Anyway so the diabetes test came back negative? Your title said good news, but you never said if the test was negative or not, I sure hope it was. Anyway glad to find your blog!