OK, I'll admit it - I'm counting down the weeks until I'm due. Actually, I'm not exactly sure what to countdown, as I have never (after 4 kids) gone into labor on my own and figure I'll probably be able to schedule this delivery as well! I almost feel spoiled, but it does make scheduling people to watch my kids easier - especially since mom and dad are far, far, away! But who knows? This time could be a surprise! I've actually got lots of mixed feelings about things. My list of things to do is just getting longer and longer, and when I figure out what things to prioritize, I'll be sure to write a best-selling book about it. One of the hardest things right now, is not getting too tired to do at least several of the things on my list. Besides waking up at least twice during the night to go to the bathroom, Tacy is having one of her coughing spells, again. She has pretty much had a chronic cough since before she was one and the episodes seem to be getting more frequent and lasting longer. I've been to the Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist several times in the last few months and hopefully soon we will have it figured out. I feel so bad, because she is only three and doesn't understand why she doesn't feel so good and I am getting really frustrated about it, so I'm not as understanding as I should be lots of the time. Prevacid (for reflux) seemed to do the trick (along with Singulair for asthma), but then she got a cold and got sinitis. The medicine took care of that for about 4 days, until it flaired up again. This time they gave me medicine (which tastes good enough for her not to fuss too much about taking) for a longer period of time to hopefully clear it all the way up and are scheduling an allergy test for her. I should mention that this cough involves yucky stuff in her throat which accumulates until she finally throws up the mucous - usually on blankets I have just washed! The doctor said it may be her adenoids, too, so now we have to decide if we should get them out. Bryce has what I think is a chronic cough as well, but luckily he can cough up the phlegm and doesn't swallow it. He takes Singulair, too, as he has a hard time breathing during exercise lots of the time. He has huge tonsils, even when he's not sick, so we may need to get them out as well. Oh, what fun! Rachel has a runny nose which may be a cold and may just be that she is teething. She gets constipation which isn't much fun, either. Aaron stayed home from church with Bryce, Tacy and Rachel while I went with Chris, so I could be in the Nursery. Then, I came home so he could go to Sacrament Meeting. He wasn't feeling really well, but had to be there. When he got home, he went in the bedroom and fell asleep. His stomach hurt and he had a fever, which he still has. Luckily, he has been able to eat a little - and he has had quite a bit of water to drink. The kids were pretty good today. We try not to let them watch TV on Sunday, except for maybe a family movie, but today was an exception. I'm exhausted, too, so we just took it easy for the most part. Chris, Bryce and Tacy did get to play outside for a while today, too. Hope tomorrow is a better day for everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment