Saturday, January 16, 2010

2010 - Week #2

Aaron's birthday week! Aaron wanted a Star Wars Party for his big 4-0 birthday and we were going to all get costumes, but decided to save our money for our trip to St George in February. We did try to watch an episode of Star Wars every night and most all of us watched all, but the 5th, each night. Unfortunately, the movies are over 2 hours each and the kids got to bed quite late most nights - even with me turning the movies off before they were over! Aaron's parents took us to breakfast at Village Inn on his birthday - the 13th - before they went to work and the boys went to school. After, Aaron, Tacy, Rachel, AJ and I drove to Layton. We stopped in Ogden and since Rachel and AJ were asleep, Aaron dropped Tacy and me off at a Mervyn's while he drove around. Unfortunately, when we got up to the door, we noticed that it was closed down! We hadn't taken our coats, and although it was warmer than here, it was still a bit chilly. Luckily we walked down a little ways and went in a different store for a while and then me Aaron back where he dropped us off. Then we went to the Layton Hills Mall and let the girls play on the little play area and then walked around the mall until lunch, which we ate at Red Lobster. We stopped at Krispy Kreams on the way home and made it just before the boys got out of school. On Friday, we invited family over for an openhouse party. It was really fun - my sister Cathy's family and my Grandparents, Aaron's brother Val's family and his parents and a cousin and his daughter were able to come and it was a good night. Christopher had basketball practice after from 8:30-9:30PM! Luckily it wasn't a school night, but his game was at 8:30 this morning. I didn't know what to do, since Aaron had to work and Rachel had thrown up twice during the night. I ended up taking her in the stroller and keeping her away from people, in the hall. Christopher is playing on a 3-4 Grade team and this is his first year playing. He is doing a good job and is really good at getting the ball away from people and stopping them from passing and scoring. I think he's having fun.

Doctor's Appointments on Friday - and our two youngest may very well end up the two smallest of our children. For Rachel's 2 year appointment (even 2 months late), she is 24.4 lbs - 25% and 33 1/2 " - 50%. As for AJ, even though I think he weighs a lot, he is only 17 lbs 4 oz - 10%! He is only 27" long, the 25%. I am quite sure neither Chris or Bryce ever fell below 50%, and that was only in weight for Bryce. It will be interesting to see how they end up when they are older! I think AJ is just a dead-weight, and doesn't hold himself up, which is quite interesting because he is so active and crawls everywhere and stands up next to everything. The funniest is when he is supposed to be sleeping and I look over at his crib and he is standing next to the side with a big smile on his face! Lucky for him, I can't be too mad at that cute smile! He is spoiled with his sleep and I dread the day I am going to have to let him cry himself to sleep. He has a very high-pitched scream and 'bounces' standing next to the side of his crib. Hopefully soon, he will sleep through the night. Rachel got over her fever and was well for her Doctor's Appointment, but has picked up a bug and is now throwing up! Unfortunately, we had family over for Aaron's birthday party last night. I hope no one else got it!

No comments: